1. IDENTIFY YOUR CHARITABLE PURPOSE OR INTENT
This can range from highly specific – for example, an alma mater — to general in scope, such as “general charitable purposes.”
2. SELECT THE TYPE OF FUND THAT BEST FULFILLS THIS PURPOSE OR INTENT
Consult “Types of Funds” for details. If you need more information, we are happy to advise you on the various options and the advantages of each fund type.
3. COMPLETE A SIMPLE GOVERNING DOCUMENT
We can help you to complete an official document that makes your intentions clear. You can view an example here.
4. NAME THE FUND
Fund names may take virtually any form – your name, a family name, your corporate name, a cause-related name, or something else entirely. You also may choose to remain anonymous.
5. DESIGNATE ADVISORS TO YOUR FUND
Depending on the type of fund established, you should designate current fund advisors such as yourself and your spouse, and successor advisors such as your children. This information will be included in your governing document.
6. ACTIVATE THE FUND BY MAKING AN ESTABLISHING GIFT
Click here for details.
Once you establish your fund, you may:
- Add to the fund at any time
- Specify how grant disbursements should be acknowledged. You may make a grant using your fund’s name, or you may remain anonymous
- Make grants to any nonprofit organization across the United States which functions in keeping with the stated purposes of WiseHeart Foundation